Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Spain (April 2016)




We created this video as a showcase to our experiences. If you want to see our perception of Spanish identity and culture, go and hit the button to watch our video!
Ps. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to record the moments from Spanish school. 



Yağmur’s Tale: From the beginning to the end, the Spain adventure was really unique for me. I’ve learned a lot: I’ve learned about a whole new culture, I’ve learned about the history of a country I’ve been for the first time, and more importantly I’ve met meet awesome people. During this 6 days trip,  we visited 2 big cities in Spain, we tried Spanish foods, we shared our culture with our new friends, we even exchanged languages. I miss my host family and all my friends I’ve met there.

Berfin’s Tale: I had a quite different experience than the rest of the group because my host family was British. Thus I explore the Spanish lifestyle with the help of my British host sister. She has been living there more than 10 years, so she has an expertise in analyzing the Spanish living style. During our chats about the cultures, we exchanged the way we perceived the Spanish culture. While we were waiting at the meeting point for at least half an hour, we had lots of time to discuss the typical Spanish behaviors. My most favorite moment was the time that I made Turkish coffee and taught her how to do it. We sat on the couch for hours and told our fortune with Turkish coffee.  

Ekin's Tale: I think the best part of the Spain exchange was the day we visited Seville because there was feria in Seville. A lot of people even the little kids were dressed up, so it was a great opportunity to experience a piece of Spanish culture. Even 8-10 years old kids were riding horses with their suits, and I think it was an interesting scene. The amusement park of the feria was also pretty impressive. I have seen a fast Ferris wheel for the first time in my life. It was fun but scary at the same time. After we I had one of the greatest weeks of my life in Spain.

Interviews




Our Partner School From Spain



No comments:

Post a Comment